1. What is the ‘style’ of evangelism used in Bursting Your Bubble (BYB)?
Many Christians are wary of any aggressive approach to sharing one’s faith. BYB uses the relational C.P.R. approach.
Cultivate: relationships with those you know and are praying for.
Plant: spiritual seeds as you are able to share your life story.
Reap: share the gospel as a result of cultivating and planting.
2. Why should my small group go through BYB?
All the feedback we have received has been very positive. The material is fresh and interactive thus enabling participants to learn more from one another than even the video itself. It has the additional benefit of bringing your small group into closer relationships through the process of sharing life stories together and helping each other become more effective. Add to this a faith adventure, such as hosting a small outreach for the people you pray for, and you have a formula to revolutionize you, your group and those you interact with!
3. Where is BYB available? How can we get a hold of it?
You can order the BYB DVD and materials as a package (Leader Manual, KJP mag, WYLTKGP booklet) or separately through the Power to Change Resource Centre.
4. What are the benefits of going through BYB?
Participants will be equipped with everything they need for a personal ministry. You will discover the real secret to successful witnessing i.e. the power of the Holy Spirit, all the way to how to follow up a brand new believer.
5. Will BYB work well for a group that has some non-Christians in it?
While the material was developed for Christians and as such does not address seekers directly, it may be a useful outreach tool. Currently there is a pastor in Calgary who is planting churches and he is using the series with a mixed group. To do this with success demands that you have a very good leader and a good core of Christians who have close relationships with the participants who are currently not followers of Christ.
6. What is the difference between this series and other similar series out there?
This is the only Canadian-based curriculum of its kind on the market. It is different from other material in several ways.
- It is highly interactive. The group must participate with one another thus increasing the learning and likelihood of usage of the material.
- It is very fresh. There are 5 different locations where the series was shot versus just listening to someone in front of a podium.
- It is group focused with role playing and unique feedback methods.
- It leads participants toward gaining a deep heart for the lost by having them pray for their friends each week!
- It is action oriented. Every session has an action item, and the overall series naturally leads a group toward a faith adventure. It is the combination of both the training and the faith step that causes real growth and eternal impact.
7. How many weeks will this series take? Can we shorten it or do it on a weekend?
BYB is a 7-week series. This is the optimal length. However, a group may like to extend the time since participants may want more time to work on various elements of the program such as their life story.
It is not recommended that you do this on a weekend since it removes the all important element of time. Time between the sessions allows participants to engage with the lesson material and to see God begin to work in their lives as well as those they are praying for. If you must use it this way then try breaking it up over 3 weekends.
8. Is the manual a “must have” when going through the series?
Without the manual a participant will have a difficult time keeping up with the content and being effective with the exercises in the series. The manual is used as an integral piece in allowing participants to keep track of what was effective and useful while going through the series. Participants should keep the manual as a reference for them in the months and years after going through the series.
9. How will BYB impact small group participants AFTER they finish the series?
BYB equips participants with timeless tools and teaching. Following participation in the BYB series our hope is that each participant would be impacted and inspired by the tools to revolutionize their personal evangelism and relationships. It is hoped that many groups will embark on a Faith Adventure where they will intentionally reach out to the people they have been praying for during the series.
10. What help is available for those leading a BYB small group?
All group leaders are given a special leader code that will allow them to access further teachings on how to get started and video help. Contact us for more information.